Manager of Contracts
The Manager of Contracts is focused on supporting Contrail’s whole-asset origination and marketing activity through drafting, coordinating, analyzing, negotiating and tracking documentation required to facilitate a lease, purchase or sale transaction. The role will be based out of our Denver, CO office and act as a critical liaison between the relevant staff and the customer, helping to successfully execute on a transaction from Letter of Intent (“LOI”) to closing.
- Manage the transaction documentation process from LOI to closing in conjunction with outside counsel, and the transaction lead.
- Draft transaction documents while coordinating with outside counsel.
- Assist transaction lead in contract negotiation, taking a lead role with the customer when necessary.
- Responsible for tracking all transactions underway and ensuring that all critical deadlines are met.
- Analyze contracts and create summaries in support of transaction due diligence.
- Manage the Investment Committee approval process for each transaction and assist with Investment Memos as required.
- Support tax due diligence, jurisdiction and customer credit analyses.
- Ad-hoc contract review in support of aircraft/engine pricing activity.
- 7-10+ years of experience working in commercial aviation in a contracts/legal capacity.
- Background in reviewing complex legal documents including NDAs, LOIs, purchase agreements, lease agreements and the relevant supporting documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skill-set and experienced at working directly with customers.
- Candidate should be willing to take on tasks outside of their job description when needed.
- High level of attention to detail and willing to move quickly.
- Paralegal background is preferred.
- Strong MS Office skill-set.
- Based out of our Denver, CO office.
Contrail offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Relocation assistance is available.
Contrail Aviation Support, LLC is a commercial aircraft trading, leasing and parts solutions provider focused on creative asset management strategies that maximize value. Founded in 2000 as an engine material trading company primarily focused on used serviceable material from the JT8D and CFM56-3, Contrail has since expanded into the most prevalent engine types powering the 737NG & A320 family. In addition, the Company has diversified into commercial aviation asset trading and leasing with a primary focus on mid-life to older commercial aircraft and engines that include speculative purchases of “naked” assets, sale and lease-back, and stub lease with no limitations on term length.
Contrail’s headquarters are located two hours north of Chicago’s O’Hare airport in a 21,000 sqft. facility. The company also has a whole-asset trading office in Denver, CO and a satellite marketing presence in Shanghai, China.
One of our core focuses is to build long-lasting customer and vendor relationships. Quality, value and integrity are the principles we were founded upon and continue to drive our business forward.
Contrail is a business unit of AIR T, INC. (NASDAQ: AIRT), which is an industrious American holding company with a portfolio of powerful businesses, each of which operate independently yet interrelatedly.
Apply by emailing us your resume.